Stumble Into Indonesia's Unseen Places
Submitted by mumunmumun on 30 December 2013 • Destination
Like everybody else, we’re listing up the things we did in 2013 just before the year changes like we did last year. Not that what we did and will do needs to be clustered per year, but as most of you all know, the new year is a good evaluation point in life. So how did we do 2013?
Yeah, been to the pissin kid too.
Overall, we traveled less than the previous year. That’s pretty hard to believe considering we have so many trips on our ‘to blog’ list. We’ve been behind schedule when it comes to blogging due to office, from which we finally resigned in October, travels and other things related to Indohoy’s development and network. We’ve committed to make Indohoy our main deal.
We’ve been more available for longer trips and hooked up more with the travel industry, such as the Daihatsu Terios 7 Wonder road trip, Baronda Maluku, Derawan, Harris Hotel in Malang, Sheraton Hotel Bandung (the restaurant, the whole hotel, and activities nearby), and Newmont of Sumbawa, and still keeping our promise to be honest in our reviews.
Invitations to attend travel-related events flew in our mail inboxes throughout the year, for which we are so thankful, like the series of #WegoHangout powered by Wego.co.id. Not to mention, the kind invites to be speakers at events such as the Malaysian International Travel Blogging Conference & Awards (MITBCA) that introduced us to bloggers from around the world, the Explore Solo’s 3rd birthday bash along with writer Agustinus Wibowo and Hifatlobrain gang, also at Divemag’s travel blogging session with hilarious fellow blogger and travel gear entrepeneur Takdos.
Sticking to our principal, we never limit our playground to just Indonesia, even though that’s what’s probably implied in our website name. In 2013, we traveled abroad to Burma, Malacca, Hanoi, Halong Bay, and several countries in Europe.
Overall, 2013 has been a good year. Staying more in Jakarta, our home base, we didn’t miss the fun this underdog city has to offer, like getting a private tour at the luxurious Tugu Kunstkring Paleis. Just in case you missed other fun stuff we did this year, here’s the list.
– Vira traveled to Harau, Payakumbuh, and made a stop to Batu Sangkar to watch the crazy Pacu Jawi race. We’ll have the complete trip written soon.
– We teamed up with Piggybank Pictures and held hands with Harris Hotel (with Tauzia Management) to make a video of Enjoying Jakarta, which we did as much as we enjoyed making the video. You can check out the video here.
– Our very own Vira got hitched and we finally broke the myth of being a lesbian couple (not that we’re against it, we just never were). Will this affect our travels?
– And of course, her honeymoon had to be a trip on its own to Malang and Batu, East Java. She traveled to Batu Night Spectacular, Batu Secret Zoo, visited the Museum Malang Tempo Doeloe and Inggil Restaurant, and stayed at the legendary Tugu Hotel.
– Vira attended the Iwan Tirta show, presented by Gelar. It was such an interesting show, especially when the designer’s collection is showcased in a play (story here). And the hook up resulted in us being an official partner of Gelar. Yay!
– Vira headed home to Lampung to spend the Idul Fitri Day with her family. With it are a few trips to the surrounding areas, all written here.
– Vira traveled to Bali for a family trip. You can read the first part of the story here and the rest of it soon.
– Mumun joined the Green Smile Indonesia team for the underwater clean up project at the Pramuka Island, Kepulauan Seribu. She learned a lot, as told here.
– Worked with Comma Indonesia co-working space, with more of that here.
– Got a few jobs to write on traveling like on Venture magazine and Jakpost.travel.
Have you seen our youtube channel?
– And last but not least, Vira finally got her diving license in December! And she’s already asking for a dive trip. Mihihihi…
There are still a long list of trips that we haven’t yet written and shared with you guys. It’s just a matter of time, though. Stay tuned with us and wait for our upcoming posts on Vira’s lonely birthday trip in Gili Gede (Lombok), her hunt for furniture in Yogyakarta, and our explore on the hype area of Seminyak, Bali.
Lord, don’t we have a lot of homework! LOL..!
Our website traffic is increasing steadily this year, emails and comments are flying in, which is all that we could ever hope for. Well, we could hope for more of it, so keep ‘em coming, guys! But the best is yet to come. We’re eager to see what will be on our list next year. With the new year spirit, we’ll send a prayer that it will be great next year. Are you ready for it?
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.