Stumble Into Indonesia's Unseen Places
Submitted by mumunmumun on 25 August 2010 • Opinion
Ok, I’m guilty for constantly borrowing a dear friends rucksack for a few years back on travels that requires one. It was about time I had a new one. So I did. For the Sulawesi trip I decided I should get my own pack. I don’t really like shopping for important things because it has to be based on a lot of considerations and it gives me headaches, but luckily I had a good friend that understand these things to help. Enough! Here’s what I got and hopefully it would help you if you happen to be looking…
And after a very long discussion, I was recommended the Vaude Gallery Air 30 + 5 l. For some reason, my wall-climbing friends suggested Vaude to be the brand for women backpacks. It was to start for when I get to an outdoor gear shop, and in Jakarta the first recommendation is Tandike shop at Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta.
– Its dimension: weighs 1.2 kg, height of 52 cm, width 32 cm, and depth 17 cm.
– It has an aeroflex ventilation system, making the back support adjustable to your size and likings.
– Main compartment can fill up to 30 l with an additional 5 l when extra space was extended by unzipping the side zipper
– Front compartment for small items and need to be accessible such as chargers, chap stick, sun block, hat, etc.
– A slot for your camel back and a small hole for the suction tube to come out.
– 2 small strings to tie up shoes or what ever is necessary.
– 2 small straps for… not sure for what, in front of the bag.
– 2 side pockets for anything you need to reach easily, like drinking bottle or umbrella.
– Comes with a cover for those rainy days. It’s in bright orange, helping you be easily spotted in crowds, forests, any scene where you need to be spotted.
After seeing the goods, my choices fell to this and Deuteur 40 l carrier. Why did I choose Vaude?
Am I happy with my choice? Very! The size was just right for a 2 weeks trip. It can fit my snorkel, mask, Sylvia (my mac) and all the necessities of course. It had so many straps where I can tie things on like wet panties (hehehehe… kidding!). Water bottle compartment (side pockets) prevents me of dehydrating. I also like putting the bag on and off my back even though it would be heavy because once it’s on and supported on my back, then there is no hassle. I can walk far with it. It’s not too big thus easy move around in public transport. And it looks great, which is always important for your pictures hahahahaha…
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.